Activity 1: What is treasure and where might you find it?
- Work in groups to decide where you would bury treasure
- Discuss why people buried treasure in the past and never returned to collect it
- Find a lost Roman Emperor
- Learn about the boy who literally stumbled on some treasure
Activity 2: Finders Keepers
- Find out about the discovery of the Watlington Hoard
- Learn about the law surrounding treasure. Who does it belong to and what do you have to do if you find it?
- Handle original and replica objects to discover more about treasure
Activity 3: ‘Treasure or not’ gallery hunt
- Check your new knowledge in a ‘Treasure Hunters’ quiz
Activity 4: Design a coin inspired by the Watlington Hoard