Opened in 1683, the Ashmolean was the first public museum and has continued to grow and evolve its world class collections.
The museum is a collection of collections, housing an eclectic mix of the beautiful and unusual of art, textiles, ceramics and archaeology.
BE INSPIRED BY US
The Ashmolean galleries are filled with stunning collections which inspire and fascinate. They represent the world's major civilisations dating from 800BC to the present day and include:
- the world's greatest collection of Raphael drawings
- a Western Art collection featuring stunning examples of European paintings, drawings, prints, sculpture and musical instruments including the Pissarro Family Archive and John Ruskin's teaching collection
- the most comprehensive collection of Worcester porcelain
- an Eastern Art collection encompassing ceramics, sculpture, paintings, textiles and prints from the Islamic world, India, South East Asia, China and Japan
- a collection of 900 casts which is one of the oldest, largest and best preserved in the world
- in excess of 300,000 coins and medals
In addition to the public galleries the Ashmolean has a vast archive. Licensees are welcome to work with the museum in the archives, taking their time to discover its hidden treasures. Licensees will be amazed by the material available to them that can be used to create beautiful and commercially successful products.
CURRENT LICENSING PROJECTS
The Ashmolean is very fortunate to be working with the following companies:
- Elite Gift Boxes
- Flame Tree Publishing
- Fox & Chave
- John Austin Publishing
- Lemon Head Print
- Mandarin Arts
- Museum Reproductions
- The Oxford Artisan Distillery
- Surface View
These licensees have worked closely with the museum's collections to create commercially successful Ashmolean-branded products. In turn, this generates much needed royalty income for the museum which helps it to continue its valuable work.
FUTURE LICENSING PROJECTS
The Ashmolean is always looking at potential partners in all areas. To find out more about these opportunities, please contact:
The Ashmolean Licensing Team